Sunday, April 26, 2009
Spring Garden
I haven't had much time, but the spring garden is shaping up alright on it's own. You gotta love perennials! My herbs have gone crazy. I knew mint was a weed, but I had no idea chives and oregano would spread so fast. The artichokes I started from seed last spring all made it through the winter and I'm looking forward to fresh chokes in a few months. It's been a really long winter, but my rosemary, strawberries and blueberries are in bloom, my chives and Egyptian walking onions are about to and I've already picked my first crop of radishes. Just a few more days for the fresh spinach and arugula salads. Hopefully, this week I'll get some of my main season planting done. I'm looking forward to walking out back to pick fresh carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, cukes and corn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As always, I am impressed.
Post a Comment