Sunday, September 28, 2008

Update

Hopefully, I'll have the time to update more frequently. I've given up on the new job after five very long months. My last day is Tuesday. I'll be starting a new job the following Monday, but it should have much better hours. It is with a local ambulatory surgery center in the PACU (recovery.) It's a huge learning curve, again, but at least this job will have no weekends or holidays. I decided full time was just too much, so I took a per diem position which means I can work as much or little as I want. I'm looking forward to that aspect of the job although it will be full time during my training. It certainly couldn't possibly be more overwhelming that the old job and I look forward to no more middle of the night calls!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Middle of the night calls?! Weekends and holidays... Yikes. Glad you found something that better fits you. :)

lisat said...

I am thinking the same thing. Middle of the night? Weekend and holidays? I can't believe you lasted 5 months. Here's to the next job! I'm sure it will be great.