Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fresh Veggies

As I said before, my garden is really shaping up.
Here's some pictures from today:

I'll have tons of cherry tomatoes any day.


Amazingly, I've got my first buds on my artichoke plants!
I started them from seed very early this spring.


I've got plenty of green beans.
I highly recommend "Maxibel" green beans available from Territorial Seed Co. for northwest gardeners.
They are delicately flavored and petite like French "haricot verts", and super easy to grow.
They're a bush variety, so there's no need to trellis.


No suprise, I've already got more squash than we can probably eat.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with today's bounty.
I shouldn't need to spend much time in the produce section this week.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ah...that makes my mouth water just thinking of all those home-grown veggies! Nothing better! Glad you have a place to go and 'rest' your brain after your long hours at work!! See you soon, Ciscoe:-)

Laura said...

You would laugh if you saw my zucchini. I tried to grow it in a pot, as we are not on the ground floor. Note to future zucchini growers... they do not like being in a pot. Very unhappy zucchini.