Friday, May 2, 2008

Poor Vegetables

My Tomatoes and Baby Bell Peppers are already beginning to bear fruit, but they are still couped up in my laundry room. I've even had to arrange babysitting for them during our upcoming trip to CA, because the weather shows no signs of warming up anytime soon. They spend the warmer portion of their days (if there is a warmer portion) outside hardening off (sometimes a little too harshly, like when it hails - oops!) and the rest of their time under the fluorescents. I transplanted out everything I could earlier in the week - artichokes, nasturtiums, marjoram and cilantro. They seem to be doing fine despite the crazy weather we've been having. Actually, it may help the artichokes to produce this year since they need some chilling time.

5 comments:

Laura said...

My zucchini has a flower! But sadly, my tomatoes are still not as happy as yours and the 'balcony tomato' even has shriveling leaves... hmmm.

Connor Clan said...

Ok I have to know about this camera. It looks like it has several cool features. What kind of camera is it?

The Loidhamer Family said...

It is the Canon PowerShot SD950IS. We got it for Christmas and I love it. If I can figure out how to use it, anyone can!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Dana Loidhamer and I happened upon this blog while doing a search on our shared surname. I think we may be 2nd or
3rd cousins. Are Joseph and Harriet Loidhamer your great aunt and uncle? My email is d1loidhamer@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Dana Loidhamer. I was doing a search on our shared surname and this blog appeared, I think we may be 2nd or 3rd cousins.
Are by chance, Joseph and Harriet Loidhamer your great uncle and aunt? My email is d1loidhamer@yahoo.com. Let me know.